Downtown Gets into the Holiday Spirit
Now that Thanksgiving has come and gone, the holiday season has officially begun. Downtown is particularly festive and there are a host of noteworthy events happening around the area. Here is a list of some holiday fun around Downtown this month:
• Dec. 1. Four favorite “American Idol” finalists are featured in the Idols in Concert for the Holidays music event, as part of the Broadway in El Paso series at the Plaza Theatre. Info: call 915.231.1111.
• Dec. 5 – 7. Another set of Christmas music is offered at Trinity-First United Methodist Church. The El Paso Choral Society Chamber Choir presents the musical celebration. Info: 915.833.0263.
• Dec. 6. The 73rd annual “Christmas in Lights” continues the holiday tradition of San Jacinto Plaza’s spectacular Chrstmas tree lighting. Live entertainment and Santa Claus make this event a treat for the whole family. Info: 915.541.4331.
• Dec. 8 – 17. Throughout the week, you’ve invited to enjoy The Sounds of the Holidays concert, offered in Downtown’s San Jacinto Plaza. Info: 915.541.4331.
• Dec. 14. The Step Up and Aim High Partners Program presents “A Holiday Afternoon with the El Paso Symphony Orchestra.: The annual concert benefits the El Paso Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Education Foundation and will be hosted at the Plaza Theatre.
• Dec. 14. The El Paso Symphony Orchestra performs a “Holiday Afternoon Concert.” The concert, hosted at the Plaza Theatre, will feature traditional holiday music for the entire family. Info: 915.532.3776.
• Dec. 17. The 62nd US Army Band will host its annual holiday concert at the Plaza Theatre. Info: 915.568.6056.
• Dec. 21. Under the direction of John Eby, the “Let Heaven and Nature Sing Gloria!” concert will take place at Downtown’s Trinity-First United Methodist Church. Carol singing and other specialty numbers will be part of the event. Info: 915.533.2674.
• Dec. 26 & 28. The Moscow Ballet presents the “Great Russian Nutcracker” at the Plaza Theatre. Info: 915.231.1111.