Calling all writers: Chapbook project needs submissions
Mouthfeel Press is happy to announce its first chapbook competition opened to women poets from the border region, from Texas to California, and Chihuahua, Mexico. Manuscripts written in English, or Spanish, or both are now being accepted through November 30, 2009, via e-mail attachments in Microsoft Word only, or by mail (please see our mailing address below). We plan to publish three chapbooks chosen from the best manuscripts. While we do not offer monetary prize or payment, the authors chosen will receive 10 copies and a discount of 50 percent if the author wishes to purchase additional copies.
- Manuscripts must be 12-24 poems, one poem per page, and pages should be numbered.
- Submit Title Page
- Author’s full names and contact information must appear in the title page only.
- If you are submitting a manuscript by mail, please enclose a standard size, self-addressed, stamped envelope.
- If you are attaching your manuscript by email, please include Nuestra Voz/Last Name on the subject line.
- We accept complete, well-edited, polished manuscripts only.
Aesthetically, we are looking for cohesiveness as a manuscript, a strong sense of image and musicality, and an unusual use of language. MANUSCRIPTS WILL NOT BE RETURNED. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU KEEP A COPY.
Mail: Mouthfeel Press, P.O. Box 291300, El Paso, TX 79929 or via email: info-editor @mouthfeelpress.com. For more information, visit us at: www.mouthfeelpress.com