Wiki trivia for EP cinephiles
After digging around Wikipedia, the standard for semi-accurate sources of information, we noticed that a LOT of classic films were at least partially filmed in El Paso. From Manos: The Hands of Fate to Burning Plain, here is a list of Hollywood gems that El Paso was partially responsible for.
Here is their list:
▪ The Burning Plain (2009) starring Charlize Theron. Scene shot on 2nd floor at Southwest General Hospital.
▪ Stephen Fry In America (2008) documentary
▪ No Country For Old Men (2007) starring Tommy Lee Jones and Javier Bardem. Destination El Paso, TX.
▪ Glory Road (2006) starring Josh Lucas.
▪ Beside You in Time (2006) Nine Inch Nails North American Tour 2006.
▪ Rx (2005) starring Colin Hanks, Eric Balfour and Alan Tudyk.
▪ Man on Fire (2004) starring Denzel Washington and Dakota Fanning.
▪ The Day After Tomorrow (2004) starring Dennis Quaid and Sela Ward.
▪ Saving Jessica Lynch (2003) starring Laura Regan.
▪ Kill Bill (2003) starring Uma Thurman.
▪ Kingpin (NBC pilot) (2003) starring Yancey Arias and Brian Benben.
▪ The Original Latin Kings of Comedy (2002) featuring George Lopez, Cheech Marin, Joey Medina, Alex Reymundo and Paul Rodriguez. It was shot at the Abraham Chavez Theater.
▪ Traffic (2000) starring Benicio del Toro, Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Dennis Quaid and Don Cheadle.
▪ Committed (2000) starring Heather Graham.
▪ On the Border (1998) starring Casper Van Dien, Bryan Brown, Daniel Baldwin.
▪ Lolita (1997) starring Jeremy Irons and Melanie Griffith.
▪ Last Man Standing (1996) starring Bruce Willis, Bruce Dern, Christopher Walken, Karina Lombard.
▪ Courage Under Fire (1996) starring Denzel Washington and Meg Ryan had all the Persian Gulf War scenes shot at the Indian Cliffs Ranch.
▪ Blue Sky (1994) starring Jessica Lange and Tommy Lee Jones.
▪ Wild at Heart (1990) starring Nicolas Cage and Laura Dern.
▪ Extreme Prejudice (1987) starring Nick Nolte and Powers Boothe.
▪ Death of an Angel (1986) starring Bonnie Bedelia and Nick Mancuso.
▪ Lost in America (1985) starring Albert Brooks and Julie Hagerty.
▪ Fandango (1985) starring Kevin Costner and Judd Nelson. Wedding scenes were filmed in front of Mission San Elizario in San Elizario, Texas (near El Paso).
▪ Paris, Texas (1984) starring Harry Dean Stanton and Dean Stockwell.
▪ Lone Wolf McQuade (1983) starring Chuck Norris and David Carradine.
▪ Wrong is Right (1982) starring Sean Connery.
▪ The Border (1982) starring Jack Nicholson and Harvey Keitel. All the border scenes, the refugee camp scene, and the U.S. Embassy scene were all shot in and around El Paso.
▪ Second Hand Hearts (1981) starring Robert Blake and Barbara Harris.
▪ Resurrection (1980) starring Ellen Burstyn.
▪ When You Comin’ Back, Red Ryder? (1979) starring Hal Linden and Lee Grant.
▪ Big Wednesday (1978) starring Jan Michael Vincent and Gary Busey.
▪ The Bad News Bears in Breaking Training (1977) starring William Devane.
▪ The Getaway (1972) starring Steve McQueen and Ali MacGraw.
▪ Manos: The Hands of Fate (1966) , which is reputed to be one of the worst films ever made, was shot in and around El Paso. It premiered in 1966 at the downtown Capri Theater.
▪ Take the High Ground! (1953), starring Richard Widmark and Karl Malden.